Village Surgical Associates PA is committed to the early diagnosis and current treatment of breast disease and cancer. We have been caring for women and men with breast cancer and their concerns for over 30 years.
We specialize with diagnosis of breast cancer through needle and core biopsy and, if required, minimally invasive surgery such as Lumpectomy with Sentinel Lymph Node biopsies rather than mastectomy where feasible.
The most common problems leading to consultation:
- Self, partner or physician detected breast or axillary (armpit) lump, mass or thickening
- Abnormal mammogram, sonogram or MRI
- Second surgical opinions
- Prior history of breast cancer
- Family history of breast cancer
- Nipple discharge, retraction or change in projection
- Breast pain
- Skin changes such as redness or dimpling (peau d'orange)
- Changes in size, shape or contour of the breast or nipple
We advise women to have yearly mammography starting at age 40 following the guidelines of:
Women with a strong family history of early (pre-menopausal) breast cancer generally should have yearly mammogams beginning 10 years before the diagnosis of that cancer.