Colon tumors and other intestinal surgery:
- Colon and small bowel (intestine) polyps and tumors
- Medical and surgical treatment of diverticulosis and diverticulitis
- Intertinal obstruction and volvulus (twist)
- Appendix, appendicitis and appendectomy
- Gastric (stomach) tumors
- Evaluation of acute and chronic abdominal pain
Fortunately, colon cancer can be, and is now often, found at a much earlier time (stage) -as a smaller polyp, allowing better outcome and potential cure- thanks to the increased, earlier and routine use of colonoscopy.
Remember! The American Cancer Society guidelines for COLONOSCOPY!
Newer surgical techniques- such as Laparoscopic Colectomy- have allowed much less painful and quicker recovery. Please call and discuss this option.